Wow! That simple title is such a mouthful! I have been brought to Psalm 103 all week long I have read it over and over & it never ceases to amaze me that God is showing me something new every time out of these 22 verses!
1 Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. 2 Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits- 3 who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, 4 who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, 5 who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. 6 The LORD works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed. 7 He made known his ways to Moses, his deeds to the people of Israel: 8 The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. 9 He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever; 10 he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. 11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; 12 as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. 13 As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him; 14 for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust. 15 As for man, his days are like grass, he flourishes like a flower of the field; 16 the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more. 17 But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children 18 with those who keep his covenant and remember to obey his precepts. 19 The LORD has established his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over all. 20 Praise the LORD, you his angels, you mighty ones who do his bidding, who obey his word. 21 Praise the LORD, all his heavenly hosts, you his servants who do his will. 22 Praise the LORD, all his works everywhere in his dominion. Praise the LORD, O my soul.
Ok, so that was a mouth-ful to read I know, but the part that has stuck out to me is verse 10
"He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities".
Do you ever notice that we as "Christians" want to be the first people to put a "degree" on sin?? Like oh well, " at least I did not cheat on my husband" or " I did not kill, steal or do anything BIG." And so, we rationalize why our sins are not as "bad" as these things! I have had God dealing with me all week regarding my thoughts! I am the type of person who may think these things, but heaven forbid it come out of my mouth! I'd rather just know that I'm thinking " Oh well, they think they are better" or " at least I'm not......(fill in the blank)..." as if my sin is not as sinful as these other things! You know Christ did not come to die on the cross for just the "bad" sins! If I remember correctly " all have sinned and fall short of the glory". So why do I struggle with my "sin ego"?? God is showing me that he has forgiven me for even those thoughts that I am thinking whether expressed or contained, and that the judgement that I pass onto another for "their sin" is just as sinful as the sin I am committing! I have never thought of myself as a "judgemental" type of person, but I feel god is tearing through these layers to the things that I like to keep between me, myself & I! God is saying.... Hey, lets just take a look at this...... So, when I come & say, " but God I"........I feel he's looking at me and saying, " but Brittany, I........" So when I think about verse 12 " he has removed our sins as far as the East is from the West" How far exactly is that?? Can your mind fathom?? Mine can't! But I know that it is forgiven & therefore I must too forgive & learn that even as my sins have been accounted for, yours have been too! And is it really my place to worry about it? I am to LEARN to be like Him ~ Gracious, compassionate & slow to anger & quick to forgive! It is a process, but I am along for the ride......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment